- Images need to be in a standard graphics format.
- Please make sure your graphics are saved as .JPG, .GIF, or .BMP.
- Graphic formats must be in RGB format.
Many file formats specific to editing programs will not upload
- (i.e. Photoshop .PSD, PowerPoint .PPT, etc.).
- Images are limited in size to 3 megabytes.
- If your image is larger than this, please edit your photo to a smaller size.
- If you are using a scanner, lower the DPI (dots per inch) setting to between 100 and 150dpi.
- Also saving in JPEG (.jpg) format can help to reduce the size considerably.
while images up to 3 mb in size are accepted, uploading large files may
cause problems during uploading by timing-out the internet connection.
We recommend files in the range of 100-200 k. Images of this size should
still give you perfectly acceptable resolution without being too large.
- Slow modem speeds will be a factor in how long it takes an image to upload.
- If you adding photos to a listing
and are attempting to upload several images at the same time, you may
experience a long upload time.
- In some cases a “time-out” may occur which can abort your upload.
- The work around for this problem is to upload fewer images at a time.
- Upload 2-3 images, then return to the edit mode and upload 2-3 more.
Uploading from a floppy disk or CD
- Floppy disks and some CD units may be slow in transferring the image from the floppy or CD.
- This will slow down your upload time and can cause a “time-out” error.
- The work around for this is to copy the image to your hard drive and then upload the image from your hard drive rather than from the floppy or CD.